Saturday, June 19, 2010

Big old skunkeroonie.

Went out with my dad to Lake Carlton to try to track down some bass.  After hiking as far as we could on overgrown back trails and trying everything from a spinnerbait to a fluke with no success, we eventually just sat on the edge of a dock and tossed Powerworms along the shore, reminiscing and exaggerating old fishing memories.

It was frustrating from a fishing standpoint but at the same time, I knew I had to keep patient and try to make the most of it since Dad and I don't get many opportunities to go fish or really hang out in general anymore.

About 11, we made the drive to the Coleta Trout Ponds so I could try to  pick up my first trout on the fly.  Apparently there have to be trout in the pond to catch.  I walked all the way around the pond with crystal clear water and polarized glasses and didn't see a single sign of trout-y life.  Oh well, I guess that's what I get for going to a stocked trout pond a couple months after its stocked.  It was worth a try.  I'll have to try again when they restock in October.

I apologize for the lack of fishing action on here lately, you'll have to trust me when I say its not for lack of trying.  I guess thats part of being new to something, success doesn't just happen.  I'm putting in the hours though.  Hopefully things start turning around soon.

Happy Father's day to all you dads, hope you all get to take your kids out and catch a few this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spending time with Dad will always be a good thing even when the fish are not cooperating. I will bet your dad appreciated it a great deal.

Wolfy said...

Skunks happen - more often than most of us care to admit!

Any time spent with Dda is time well spent

Mark said...

Definitely guys, time fishing with Dad is a good time, regardless of the fishing.