I would like it because:
- It takes police a few minutes (on a good day) to arrive after you call 911.
- I live in a large-ish city where shootings/robberies aren't uncommon.
- The day we moved out of our old apartment a man was shot in the face and killed in our building, followed by a shootout with police. (This is actually why I started getting into guns and got my FOID card.)
- Now that I'm married, I feel the need to protect my wife and our property.
I don't think it will happen because:
- Governor Quinn is governor solely because he won in Chicago. The republican candidate seriously won like every other district in the state. Chicago is all he has to please.
- See number 1.
As I said my purpose isn't to go into the details of the politics, but rather to get your opinion. If you live in IL, would you carry if allowed? If you live in another state (except WI), do you carry? If you would/do, why? If you wouldn't/don't, why not?